2014 in Addictive Behaviors, Vol. 39(5), pp. 861-868
- Pornography compulsion was found to be associated with higher depression and anxiety.
- Pornography compulsion was found to be linked to lower self-esteem levels among users.
- Compulsive pornography users were found to have less secure attachment in their relationships.
2014 in Psychology of Women Quarterly, Vol. 39(1), pp. 67-84
- Previous partners’ pornography use predicted body shame in women.
- Previous partners' pornography use predicted eating disorder sympomology in women.
2012 in Sex Roles: A Journal of Research, Vol. 67(5-6), pp. 257-271
- This study foudn that women’s reports of their male partner’s frequency of pornography use were negatively associated with their relationship quality.
- Female partners' perceptions of their partner's problematic use of pornography was negatively correlated with their own self-esteem.
- This study also found that pornography was associated with lower sexual satisfaction, relationship quality, and sexual satisfaction.