2015 in Psychology of Men & Masculinity, Vol. 16(1), pp. 97-107.
- Analyses revealed that men’s frequency of pornography use was positively linked to poor body image.
- This study found that pornography use was assocated with poorer romantic attachment in couple relationships.
2014 in Addictive Behaviors, Vol. 39(5), pp. 861-868
- Pornography compulsion was found to be associated with higher depression and anxiety.
- Pornography compulsion was found to be linked to lower self-esteem levels among users.
- Compulsive pornography users were found to have less secure attachment in their relationships.
2006 in Sexual Addiction & Compulsivity, Vol. 12, pp. 311–337
- This study evaluated the effectiveness of conjoint therapy for married couples recovering from husbands’ addictive use; with particular empahsis on restoring truse adn the attachment bond.